Compass is our primary parent communication tool for day-to-day operational matters, upcoming events, notices and notifications so it is essential that all parents download the app.
It is more important than ever that we are able to communicate effectively, especially when it involves the safety of our children. If you haven't already, we ask that parents download the Compass app onto your device for either Apple or Android.
Compass is a web-based system allowing you to access up-to-date and meaningful information about our school and your child’s progress. Compass includes many different features, including the ability to:
- Be informed of important updates, events and reminders
- View your child’s timetable
- Review your child’s attendance
- Provide explanations for periods of absence
- Update your contact details
- Book Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences.
Compass is accessible on any modern web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) or by using the Compass iOS or Android apps.
Commencing from November 2022, we will be moving to use the Compass Parent Portal for all notifications to parents and carers.
The Compass Parent Portal allows for Catholic Schools Parramatta Diocese (CSPD) schools to use the same app and its communication function called NewsFeed to share important information with families.
This will mean that the College will no longer continue to use Skoolbag for our parent communication.
How to install our Compass App
For iPhone and iPad users
Click on the “Download on the App Store” button above, or go to the Apple App Store, search for “Compass School Manager” and download the free Compass app. Search for St Columba's Catholic College Springwood and you’re ready to go!
Alternatively,you can use a web browser to go to https://stcolumbasspringwood-nsw.compass.education/ .
Parents will have received a username and password. If you don't have this or are having any problems please contact the office.
How to use Compass
Compass is a web-based student management system which you can access in two ways:
- the Parent Portal, on any web browser on your computer/device, or
- the Compass School Manager app, available on any mobile device.
Instructions for using both the portal and the app are included below.
Resolving Compass Problems
If parents are having trouble signing in to Compass because they do not know their username or password for Compass, on the log in page for Compass click on the link that says "Can't access you account ?" and follow the steps form there.
If parents are finding parts of Compass won't load or display properly (eg a school report will not load, or is not visible), please try the following steps before contacting the College:
- if on a phone, delete the Compass app, turn the phone off and then back on, and then install the Compass app again from the Google Play store or Apple App store.
- if on a laptop or desktop computer, in the web browser you use, clear the browser's cache (browsing data);
- if you are not using the Compass app on a phone, make sure your device does not have cookies blocked;
- try to use a totally different device to see if the issue persists (if it works fine on the seconds device then it's highly likely it is an issue on the first device, and not something the College can fix)